RB880CR Defender Road blocker
RB880CR Defender Road Blocker
The RB880CR Defender Road Blocker is a shallow foundation road blocker and is ideal where deeper foundations are not possible/practical.
With a foundation depth of less than 300mm, the RB880CR is designed to complement the Barrier range of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) solutions. The road blocker has a blocking segment with a raised height of 1000mm and can withstand direct impact forces of 1,852 KJ.
The road blocker was developed by our in-house engineering team to overcome specific site limitations and is available with segment widths of 2m and 3m.
Key Benefits at a Glance
- Comprehensive understanding of attack resistance
- Multiple testing (4 different independent tests)
- Overcomes site depth restrictions
- Road blockers shallow foundation /mounting from 300mm overall depth
- Reliable and dependable
- 100% duty cycling
- Flexibility to interface with all forms of access control
- Programmable logic control system
- Operational under power failure conditions
- Manufactured from heavy gauge materials
- Strength and durability
- Physically impact tested to PAS 68 criteria
The RB880CR has been independently physically tested in a number of full scale crash tests conducted in accordance with PAS68 by the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL). The road blocker arrested a 7500kg vehicle traveling at 80kph (50mph) with zero penetration of the vehicle.
The road blocker comes with a push-button hold to run control as standard.
The road blocker can be customised to interface with a wide range of access control equipment to suit specific customer requirements. Available configurations include (but are not limited to) inductive loop systems, card readers, communication equipment and manned guard emergency systems.
This is a specialist high-security product and is designed for use with vehicles only and a full site risk assessment must be carried out at the design stage to ensure that all relevant safety systems are included. Where the blockers control point is remote from the installation, we strongly recommend the fitting of a recordable CCTV system.
It is also strongly recommended that a debris protection skirt is fitted.
For safety reasons pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycles should not to use a blocker controlled roadway.
- Debris protection skirt
- Emergency fast raise system
- Emergency buttons with lockdown UPS backup for the electrical system
- Accumulator systems for hydraulic operation in power failure conditions
- Access and intercom systems
- Inductive loop systems
- Traffic lights and back-indications systems
- Interlocking systems to give air-lock type protection on sites with higher threat levels
- Integral inset warning lights in blocking segment