RB780CR Chieftain Road Blocker
RB780CR Chieftain Road Blocker Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) Solution PAS 68 impact tested
The RB780CR Chieftain Road Blocker is designated as a Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) Solution having been PAS 68 impact tested.
Withstanding direct impact forces in excess of 1,852 KJ, the RB780CR road blocker provides protection to sites from extreme Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) attack.
It has been independently, structurally evaluated by the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) and has also been physically tested in a number of full-scale impact tests conducted in accordance with PAS 68 by the Motor Industry Research Association (MIRA).
Key Benefits at a Glance
- Comprehensive understanding of attack resistance
- Multiple testing (5 different / independent physical tests)
- Protection from multi- direction impact approach
- Independently structurally evaluated
- A proven record of performance
- Physically impact tested to PAS 68 criteria
- High strength and durability
- 100% duty cycling
- Operational under power failure conditions
- Manual hand pump facility
- Flexibility to interface with all forms of access control
- Programmable logic control system
The RB780CR Chieftain Road Blocker achieved a PAS 68 classification of V/7500(N2)/80/90:0/17, which intercepts as a 7500kg (N2) vehicle traveling at 80 kph (50mph) impacting the road blocker at a 90-degree angle and stopping the vehicle without penetrating past the blocking system.
The road blocker comes with a push-button hold to run control as standard.
The road blocker can be customised to interface with a wide range of access control equipment to suit specific customer requirements. Available configurations include (but are not limited to) inductive loop systems, card readers, communication equipment and manned guard emergency systems.
Developed and manufactured by engineers with significant experience in the fields of high security and access control. The Chieftain Road Blocker is an ideal product to protect high security establishments, iconic buildings and critical infrastructure.
This is a specialist high security product and is designed for use with vehicles only and a full site risk assessment must be carried out at design stage to ensure that all relevant safety systems are included. Where the blockers control point is remote from the installation, we strongly recommend the fitting of a recordable CCTV system. For safety reasons pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycles should not to use a blocker controlled roadway.
- Emergency fast raise system
- Emergency buttons with lockdown
- UPS backup for the electrical system
- LPS 1175 cabinets available for HPU
- Accumulator systems for hydraulic
- Operation in power failure conditions
- Access and intercom systems